Topic #144 from The Daily Post: Make a top ten list of things to do this summer.
Here’s my list of general things everyone must do during summer:
- Buy a new pair of sunglasses.
- Go camping.
- Plant something. Watch it grow.
- Go for a swim.
- Play sports outside.
- Go to a festival – music, food, etc.
- Go to a restaurant and eat at their outdoor patio.
- Lounge at the beach.
Here’s my list of ten lofty goals I’d like to accomplish this summer:
- Go on more backpacking trips than I did last year. In 2010 I went on 3 trips, and so far for 2011 I have already put one trip under my belt.
- Cook a meal (or two) using vegetables from my own “garden”.
- Host a grown-up party. Where people are impressed about my home and culinary skills.
- Give my bedroom a makeover, including: new bedding and “new” art and furniture (updating/painting current furniture, crafting, etc).
- Have my baby sis visit me for a few weeks. As a kid, I always wanted a relative who would invite me to their far-away-home to spend part of my summer vacation. I can give that experience to my sis… but only if she gets good grades in her 6th grade classes!
- Get good grades (A’s) in my two summer online classes and get accepted to the master’s program at Kansas State University.
- Get a promotion from “assistant” to “scientist”.
- Get back into music: complete the recording of our demo CD and start playing at open mic nights again!
- Make new friends in the Modesto area – my home base where I should know people and be able to meet up with them for dinner, drinks, or other fun events.
- Get more financially stable: increase my non-existant savings, continue to make a dent on my debt (my 2011 new years resolution was to have no credit card debt by 2012).